Wednesday 27 February 2019

Wheel Hub Center Caps - Sparco


When we purchased the car we found 2 out of the 4 hub caps in the trunk, see blog:

http://monteverdisierra.blogspot.com/2018/03/weekend-tear-down-part-i.html



I didn't recognize these as they are for US wheels. My first thinking was the printed "S" was a reference to Sierra. Potentially they could have been custom made for Monteverdi, who knows.
As I'm now working on the car again I found them in the trunk. For another project I'm having a car radio bezel 3D printed. So I figured these hub caps can be printed in 3D as well. And then chrome plated.

When doing some further checks I found out by surprise these hub caps are available on Ebay. These belong to the brand "Sparco" (https://www.sparco-official.com/en/).

Additionally I checked my archive and found 4 Sierra's with the same hub caps. Note some Sierra's where equipped with different rimms (mostly wolf racing - and all of these had different hub caps). The ones listed below are the same rimms as used on our Sierra (although some of these are chromed). And yes, it's not very visible. But I had the pictures enlarged so I can say for sure they are all the same. So it's very likely these are the correct hub caps for our Sierra.

The other hub caps I saw on the Sierra looks similar but instead had the Monteverdi crown on it. This particular rimm example was only used on the first two "prototypes" In fact, this is our car. But apparently the rimms have been replaced at a later stage. But it clearly shows the Monteverdi crown.



This car is the Sierra convertible


This is a normal Sierra


This is the Sierra Stationwagon:


And a normal Sierra:


New produced Sparco vintage hub cap:



No comments:

Post a Comment