Saturday 16 February 2019

New igntion lock + vacuum system checks

Some new parts we already purchased last year:

https://monteverdisierra.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-parts.html

As Jos was over last week he brought the ignition lock with him. So today I mounted it and also cleaned the dials. Looks quite nice now. Should have taken more photo's before doing this. But here is the end result, 2 photo's, one without flashlight and one with flashlight:



So now I can start the car properly once I'm ready with the engine.

As for the engine I had a further look regarding the vacuum system items. If this car does start up again (fingers crossed) I'm pretty sure it will not run smooth due to this nasty vacuum system. There are so many components, it looks overly complex to me. So I need to study this is a little more.

I had already noticed this sensor on the radiator which seems to have 2 broken off vacuum pipes. I saw on another engine online that it should have some kind of adapter connected to it - not sure though. Luckily many parts are stamped with the number on it.




Here another vacuum sensor:

And another one
And another one
 And more vacuum hoses and sensors


And more sensors

Also the airfilter is having many items






 It does have this extra valve mounted as well:

 With an extra air hose and I wonder where that should be mounted on?

 This looks like another item which is part of the vacuum system as it does have a vacuum hose connected. Not sure what it does and if it's suppose to be this naked.


that's it for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment