Sunday 24 February 2019

Tools - fuel line + thermostat removal

I'm still awaiting some parts but meanwhile I ordered some tools and they arrived earlier this week:


I'm so glad I ordered these tools (inch format), now it was very easy to dismantle the fuel hose without causing any damage or whatsoever:



And the entire fuelhose removed:


It looks like this pipe was also originally blue, just like the engine color. I quite like that color. I need to look up the color code so I can have some parts painted accordingly.

I'm also happy with the large size screw sockets so I can fit the big ratchet and use more force to unscrew them. And now it went easy:


And with the thermostat removed. I cleaned the whole system with water untill clear water came out. I rinsed it with about 10 liters, no dirt came out. Good.


And the thermostat and it's housing (which I had to remove with a soft hammer as it was severely stuck).

 And a little cleaning:


When doing some further checks I noticed some more hidden walnuts underneath the aircopump:


Let's see if the ordered parts will arrive this week so I can mount next weekend the new fuelpump and see if it starts up!

No comments:

Post a Comment