Wednesday 11 April 2018

First owner - Part I

In this blog: http://monteverdisierra.blogspot.nl/2018/04/car-registration-part-i.html
I made a small comment regarding the first road registration. And I got informed the following about this:

From reading the UK registration document, your car was first registered in another country before coming to the UK. Ie it was imported. Hence the date of manufacture 1977 and date of registration 1978. In which country, unfortunately we can’t find out, at least not from the UK registration authorities.

And now I have a copy of the new registration document this is clearly stated at point 3:



I was thinking it was previously registered in Swiss but yesterday I finally got a response from the Monteverdi Club. They confirmed the color settings of the car, exterior: brown, interior: beige

So it's not golden as stated on the UK papers (like it though) and on our photo's the interior looks white but it appears the beige color completed faded away overtime. When removing the interior we could see indeed that some areas did had a beige color.

But there was more; I was informed the first owner of the car was located in Dubai. Since we know the name of the 1st UK owner I was able to do a little more investigation about this person. And it turns out he was running business in the U.A.E. and was very likely located overthere. If my information is correct he is nowadays residing in Abu Dhabi. At the time he was also running other companies, one being located in London. So that could explain how the car ended up in London. So likely it was owned by the same person.

I'm trying to get in touch with the first owner to get the story verified but also out of interest regarding his background and interest for this particular car. But so far I have not succeeded yet.

[Click the picture to enlarge]

1978

No comments:

Post a Comment