Saturday 7 April 2018

Car registration - Part I

As per older blog: http://monteverdisierra.blogspot.nl/2018/03/information-gathering.html

The car was once imported to France in 1987, see supporting documents:



It was however never officially road registered in France. In fact it was all the time active registered in the UK. So in order to get it on our name we first need to get it registered on someone else's name in the UK. And then subsequently get those registration papers handed over to us and get it locally registered in the Netherlands.

For this Jos reached out to his contact in the UK who kindly assisted us. So we can now finally say the car is officially secured. Next the paperwork needs to be submitted to myself so I can do the next steps.

I just checked the UK vehicle site but I can't find any additional information about the latest registration. I suppose this is listed on the new paperwork that has been supplied and is not available online.





The website is showing still the same information as last time. And as can been seen, the tax due date is 1 July 1984. On the other UK registration papers we have with the car this is the date when the car was transferred to the next owner.



According to the seller the previous owner was working for the Embassy. Perhaps they are excluded for paying tax? I'm not sure. The 2nd owner did had the car untill November 1987. Or did the 2nd owner not use this car in this time interval?

Another interesting fact is that the car is manufactured in 1977. And the first registration is only in November 1978. I'm unsure if this means the first road registration in the UK or at all the first road registration. As you might know we are concluding our car is the first press/prototype/show car. So perhaps it was never officially registered before untill it got sold and shipped to London UK. Maybe I can find out more history details about the car.

For now the new registration paperwork needs to be send to me but also the car needs to be transported from France to the Netherlands in order to get it registered on my name and obtain Dutch license plates. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment