Wednesday 14 March 2018

For Sale

I realize I haven't shown a picture of the project car yet. So let's start at the beginning. Although I was not looking for another hobby car and also told my family the next car will be a replacement of the family car it just happened. 

Despite the above I still occassionally browse around for cars. And often they simply appear on some FB groups. I wasn't aware Jos was also member of the Monteverdi Automobile FB group. In any case, when this car was offered for sale he jumped on it. I was equally intrigued by the car but given the state of it I did not fancy it immediately. See for yourself why:



I have never bought a project car before, they all were fairly good and required minimal work or minor improvements. Mostly because I don't have the time, facilities or skill to do such undertakings. So I prefer a decent car instead which can be used and driven instantly.

This time it was different though, the idea to own a Monteverdi was very appealing and it would fit nicely next to our other cars (although not in this condition obviously). The unique styling with an Italian touch, large V8, rear wheel drive and with a luxurious interior makes it a cool driver in our opinion.

So when Jos found out the location of the car and the price I was approached by him to purchase it together. Clearly the price was to much judging on the overall state. And furthermore we had to know more about the car's history and the current owner. As can be seen it's a LHD with UK registration plates and it was located in France, very strange. As well we wanted to see more details of the car's exterior, interior and engine, etc.  More about that in the next blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment