Saturday 4 May 2019

May the force be with you!

Yes you can! I went to the DIY shop and bought this steel bar for more power:


And finally it went, the stud loosened up. Forgot to make a photo of the stud itself.


Starter finally removed and the inside of the fly wheel:


And for comparisson the old and new one next to each other. Quite a bit of difference in size. But the new one is apparently more powerful:



And it does look like it's only mounted with two screws. But I have removed in total 3 - will check it next time.



Upon checking both starters nothing happened when I hooked up the wiring of the car. UH OH!!
I suspect something else has failed. Whilst I thought the old starter motor was broken, stuck, etc I could move the little wheel, it feels it's not stuck at all. Well, I guess need to check electrics next time. On my last attempt the wiring really got hot so a lot of current must have been flowing thru it.

And earlier this week I received the following surprise. A small refund on the new starter motor! How's that!?  It costed new about € 75,- (incl. shipping from the USA to NL). But now it only costs € 62,-


We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of EUR13.08 for your Order 111-0732005-1601800 from EccppAutoParts.

This refund is for the following item(s):

    Item: Starter for Mini Mopar Dodge Plymouth 318 360 Chrysler Cordoba 5.9L Compatible with SR6504N
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B071L82J2T
    Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

    Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

        Import Fee Deposit Refund: EUR13.08

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

MasterCard Credit Card: EUR13.08

No comments:

Post a Comment