Wednesday 1 August 2018

Appointments

On my holiday return there were the UK papers waiting for me in the mail. Nice. So I contacted the guy who offered to assist me in loading the car on the trailer and drive to the Dutch registration shop. We agreed on a date and made the appointment with the "RDW". Done! Hopefully no silly surprises to get the car registered. It's a very unusual car and I don't think ever one got a Dutch License plate before. So fingers crossed. We have to wait for 1 month since it requires a special check due to it's age (older then 30 years) but it does not require a technical check, clearly that will fail by a long distance …

Next I made contact with the guy who I was informed about to perform the bodywork. Clearly he can't say a sensible thing without seeing the car in real. So an appointment was made and we met yesterday. A very nice and knowledgeable guy. The fact he was into Italo cars resulted in a quick click. Some ideas and estimated numbers were worked out which we now need to digest. In any case, if I need any car bodywork to be done in the future he's surely on the top of my list.


Shortly after in the afternoon I visited an American car demolition garage in Helmond. It's Addie's Autoshop and he doesn't have a website. On the Dutch Marktplaats I had seen he had a Dodge Aspen and a Plymouth Volare on stock for parts. Obviously I was interested and only after the cars body parts, ie the floor.

Both cars were in a poor shape (except for the interior) and simply not useable for our needs. Addie was quite clear about it as well and advised to buy a proper one instead. And hereby some photo's I made of them for reference. Typical that both looks like to have the same color as our Monteverdi.



Plymouth Volare (6 cyl):








Dodge Aspen (special edition apparently and 6 cyl)

















No comments:

Post a Comment